HiCAD 2017 - Service Pack 1
Delivering Experience – Four decades of experience, competence and know-how have been put into the Service Pack 1 of HiCAD 2017 that will impress you with a multitude of new and enhanced functions and a further expanded range of products.
The new Element Installation module allows you place individually parameterized cassettes and elements conveniently onto a facade grid. If you additionally use the new ALUCOBOND® Tray panels Standard Parts package, you will have access to a multitude of three-dimensional variants of ALUCOBOND®-specific panels and a wide range of ALUCOBOND® semi-finished products with different surface and colour variants.
Further highlights of Service Pack 1 include the parameterized and reusable spirals, the new “Base sheet” dialogue, the definition of company-specific allowance methods with the help of a new Editor, the new “Frame corner” connection, the enhanced Railing Configurator, the new function for the generation and management of customer drawings, the functions for dividing of pipelines and closing of gaps within pipeline routes etc. .
- The new Element Installation module enables you to place individually parameterized cassettes and elements conveniently as installation elements onto a facade grid.
- A new ALUCOBOND® Tray panels Standard Parts package gives you access to a multitude of three-dimensional variants of ALUCOBOND®-specific panels and a wide range of ALUCOBOND® semi-finished products with different surface and colour variants.
- 4 new HiCAD suites are available:
- Enhanced Design Checker
You can now use the Design Checker to check which parts of a drawing or a selection list are BOM-relevant, but have no article master.
- Enhanced information display for 3-D lines
The function for the display of information about lines has been enhanced. Layer, colour and line type of the selected line are now also displayed in the dialogue.
- GRAPAR.DAT -> Configuration Editor
In previous versions certain settings for graphical representation, e.g. zoom factor, TrueType font resolution etc. could be specified in the system file GRAPAR.DAT. From HiCAD 2017 SP1 onwards, these setting options will be available in the Configuration Editor.
- New Factory Standard parts in catalogues
Many new standard parts are available in the Factory Standards catalogue, e.g. new FISCHER standard parts, retaining rings acc. to DIN 9925 and 9926, new ALUCOBOND® semi-finished products, ZETA profiles etc.
- Update to CADfix 11 SP1
With the CADfix update to Version 11 Service Pack 1 the following format versions are available in HiCAD: NX 11, Creo 4, SolidWorks 2017. Also, the export to the formats DXF and DWG has been speeded up significantly for large files.
- IFC export: Transfer part structures
For IFC exports you can ensure that the hierarchy of the part structure will be preserved.
- NCX export of unconnected multi-part beams and via HELiOS Spooler
For NCX exports you have now the option to treat itemized, unconnected multi-part beams as one single part when generating the NCW file.
- 3-D DXF and DWG: Import texts
When importing 3-D files from AutoCAD (DXF, DWG) you can now transfer the annotations of the AutoCAD model to HiCAD dimensions.
- Processing and reuse of spirals
Spirals are now automatically parameterised upon their creation, i.e. a corresponding HCM model will be generated. This means that once created, spirals can be reused and individually adjusted in any model drawings.
- Change assembly type
Use this new function to change the assembly type of individual or multiple assemblies.
- Hide/Show processing planes
To hide and show processing planes in active views, open the context menu for views by right-clicking the pink dotted view frame and select the required function.
- Feature recalculation for identical parts
Identical parts will now only be recalculated once, which saves calculation time for variants.
- New Create base sheet dialogue
The Create base sheet function has been revised. You can now choose between the options Insertion via value and Insertion via points. As soon as your value inputs are sufficient, a preview of the new sheet will be displayed.
- Editor for allowance methods
The new ABWEditor allows you to define company-specific allowance methods by editing the ABW files.
- Unprocessed and processed sheets
One now distinguishes between sheets with identical cross-sections (unprocessed sheets) and processed sheets. As "cross-sectionally identical" (unprocessed) are considered all sheets with at least one bend zone, parallel front edges of the flanges (width of flange) and without any further processings such as bores, subtractions etc. For these sheets, no drawing is normally required, but only a BOM. All other sheets are considered non-identical and processed. For these sheets a drawing is required.
- The output of cross-sectionally identical sheets can now be suppressed in the workshop drawing.
- In the Excel BOMs for Steel Engineering you can create separate table sheets for processed and unprocessed Sheet Metal parts.
- If you use the “Management + BIM” module, you can specify whether the "unprocessed" sheets are to be considered for the creation of the CAM data or not.
- Processing of developments with 3-D functions
The 3-D processing functions for sheet developments can be accessed by right-clicking on the development and choosing the required function from the context menu.
- Coating according to NCS
Use the Coating function to define the type (outer side, inner side, edge) , the colour and the description of a coating for Sheet Metal main parts.
- Many new functions for workshop drawings, e.g.
- Default configurations for assemblies without usage
- Avoiding of duplicate sectional views >Many new and enhanced dimensioning rules
- Structured display of dimensioning rules in the Editor
- Placing of annotations in mounting drawings Annotations for beams, plates and sheets in workshop drawings can be applied with or without leader lines.
- New design variant - Column connection, Frame corner 2203
In the installation of frame corners the new design variant 2101 replaces the former variant 203.With this variant two beams are connected with a bolted or welded beam frame corner. You can create the frame corner with or without stiffeners, haunched plates or other components, e.g. flange plates, web reinforcements and reinforcement plates or filler plates. It is also possible to insert ribs as additional stiffeners at the front plate and tension plate, and also weld seams as well as to apply galvanization holes.
- Enhanced Railing Configurator
- In the Post – Substructure tab you can now enter different distances for the horizontal or oblique fixing for Post connection, top. This applies to all bore grids.
- Depending on the kind of the selected beams they will be divided into different sections. For Post connection, lateral you can specify for each of these sections the fixing height separately.
- For Post connection, lateral there are two new possibilities available for connecting posts and base plates: Post, mitre cut and Distance element (with end cap).
- Vertical rods can now be rotated during the installation.
- Depending on the type of the chosen variant the connections will be with the beam, with the handrail, the post or the boom. For example: the vertical rods can be inserted in the handrails or can be trimmed at the handrails, with or without contour.
- Corner infills can now be aligned with the angle bisector of the corner.
- Expanded short shipping list
For larger model drawings you often need more than the first level of the part structure in the short shipping list. This can now be modified by means of a filter attribute
- BIM – Customer drawing
Besides the creation of mounting, workshop and production drawings you can use the new Customer drawing function to create various customer drawings for approval, e.g. builders' or architects' plans.
- BIM - Workflow for mounting drawings
HiCAD now also supports Workflows for mountings drawings. These can be set to the In progress and Released status, respectively.
- BIM - Generation of STEP files separately for beams, plates, sheets etc.
The generation of the part data in STEP format can now be performed separately for beams, plates, glass panes and gratings. In previous versions, only a separate generation according to assemblies was possible.
- Metal Engineering – Taking over of production names from LogiKal
For beams, profiles and glass panes that have been imported from the LogiKal item database to HiCAD, the LogiKal item name will be shown as a HiCAD part attribute in the in the Part attributes dialogue window.
- Metal Engineering – No taking into account of connecting elements in workshop drawings
If your model drawing contains connecting elements that have been created with the Metal Engineering > 3-D section functions, these will not be considered in the workshop drawing - even if these elements are BOM-relevant.
- Highlighting connection points during part insertion
If the reference point during part insertion is chosen freely with the Connection from graphic option, a full-screen preview of the part will be displayed. In addition to that, the connection points will be highlighted and the point names will be shown.
- Adopt pipeline name from P+ID
When creating a pipeline and assigning a pipe class from the P+ID, the pipeline name will also be adopted from P+ID.
- Divide pipe
This new function allows you to divide a single pipe into two separate pipes.
- Close gaps within a pipeline
When replacing parts or also after automatically placing parts on guidelines, gaps might occur in the pipeline route. At the latest when an isometry drawing should be created the pipeline route has to be connected. Also, there are other functions which depend on a continuous pipeline route, e.g. the Divide pipeline function. The new Close gaps function marks gaps in the chosen pipeline route and offers you to close them. In the displayed pipeline there is for example a small gap between the elbows. It is highlighted with arrows.
- Delete edges of a guideline
If the guideline is broken up into several sections by deleting edges, the guideline will now be divided into separate parts.
- Merge guidelines
When creating and editing guidelines it may be that a pipeline contains two guideline parts with overlapping end points. Via the Merge guidelines function these constellations can be found and merged. This function merges all possible guidelines of a pipeline.
- Isometry and Pipe Spool Drawing
- Switch off identical part search when assigning PE item numbers
With the Plant Engineering itemisation you can have a distinct item number assigned to each part
- New format for connection item numbers
Itemising the connections of a pipeline now includes item numbers, which use the part's item number as prefix and only count up the item of the connection in second place.
- Switch off identical part search when assigning PE item numbers
- P+ID - Adjustable Create sheet dialogue
In the Create sheet dialogue you can now specify 6 own attributes. For this purpose the combo box contains attributes that can be used for title block symbols, but do not yet exist in the dialogue.